Mamalux Social Content Creator Internship
We are seeking a candidate with exceptionally creative video/photo skills to join Mamalux as our Social Content Creator Intern as we look to make a big splash with our launch. The successful candidate will be responsible for conceptualizing and creating content that engages our growing audience of new and expecting mothers. You’ll translate our brand ethos and unique product offering into assets that live across numerous digital platforms. This is an opportunity to be a key team member from the very beginning of something big!
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assist in the development of Mamalux’s social, influencer, and marketing campaigns
• Help develop social strategy and orchestrate day-to-day content in the form of (but not limited to) videos and photos to primarily live across our social media channels, but also on our website and other digital properties
• Conceptualize and create IG Posts, IG Stories, IG Reels, TikToks, IGTV videos, Facebook Lives and behind-the-scenes footage, along with other supporting assets including but not limited to product launches, brand partnerships and influencer marketing
• Stay up-to-date on competitive landscape and market trends while continuing to innovate storytelling and brand identity
What we're looking for:
• Our ideal candidate will come to Mamalux eager to learn and with a demonstrated track record of creating engaging digital content. Other key attributes include:
• A passionate, quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Familiarity with using Instagram and TikTok editing tools
• Curiosity and willingness to research the breastfeeding and maternity industry, to best understand the target audience
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• A start-up mentality – not afraid to test out new ideas, roll up your sleeves and get stuff done!
The ideal candidate will exceed the following requirements:
• Experience with social media marketing and content creation
• Ability to analyze campaign/content performance and use findings to inform strategy
• Bonus points! Familiarity and existing relationships with key players in the millennial and Gen Z content creator industry
Location: Pittsburgh area preferred. Majority of position duties can be completed remotely, with occasional meetings in East Liberty
Schedule: Flexible schedule; 8-10 hours per week for 12-15 weeks, with potential option to renew
How To Apply: Current college/university students: Please apply via your college or university’s employment portal (Handshake) or email resume, portfolio and/or content examples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email “Social Content Creator Intern.”
Mamalux is the first breastfeeding-friendly nightgown specifically developed and designed to address the problem of milk leakage at night while also prioritizing comfort.
The idea for Mamalux was born when Founder and CEO Lindsay Stuart was a new breastfeeding mother. She was leaking breastmilk, as most postpartum women do, and couldn’t find a single solution that didn’t require sleeping in a bra. After learning that countless other women were frustrated as well, Lindsay began the 2.5 year process of creating her own solution.
The brand is launching initially on Kickstarter in fall of 2021, which will be followed in the winter by a larger launch on wearmamalux.com. Mamalux is backed by Innovation Works’ nationally ranked Alpha Lab Gear accelerator, as well as the Ascender incubator program.